Monday, October 04, 2004

Kreta? Malaka!

I can't say that I have had the most positive experiences on this island. After posting my last comment, I went back to my tent, ate supper and went to bed. Of course I was planningto go to the Gorge the following day. And no mom and Lisa, I did not sleep in... WORSE!
I woke up in the middle of the night with the worst cramps! They were so bad, I couldn't stand up straight. I hobbled to the bathroom (remember the hole in the ground) and tried to go to the washroom. I have never seen so much shit come out of a body before. (Mom, you can stop laughing now!) Not only that, I'm cramped up over the bloody hole, hoping I'm aiming right, wondering what I shall do if I start puking? After an agonising time had passed; my legs were now cramped up to. I tried to walk, no luck. I tried laying on a bench. That worked long enough to get me halfway back to the tent. I don't know how I managed to fall asleep, but I did.

Oh I forgot to mention that the campsite is situated right next to a Kareoke Bar. Great if you are my mother; bad if you have to listen to her, or people as tone def as her. I had to try to go to sleep to that. (That's probbly what gave me the cramps!)

Suffice it to say, the following day I did not go to the Samarian Gorge. I decided to stay in relative proximity to civilisation in case I had a reoccurance. I decided that since being in Europe, I haven't really had a beach day, so I would go to the beach! Well I went, all prepared, food, water, sunscreen, sarongs... I jumped into the water, coughed up a mouthful, cursed because I always forget how nasty salt water tastes and decided that was enough swimming, now for the beach. So I suntanned topless! Just because I could. I was careful and put sunscreen on my breasts and belly, because they haven't seen a lot of sun this year. Well I thought my back would be okay. I have to carry my bloody 20 ton backpack today and it hurts. I burnt mostly around my waist and of course my ass.

This island loves me... I'm glad I'm gone in an hour. I will come back someother time, and hopefully be able to appreciate the island for what it is worth. Besides a lot of pain. Gotta go catch a ferry!